our first post! a yummy treat that has the best of both worlds, peanut butter and chocolate. top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to create a perfect dessert!
serves about 40 cookies
unsalted butter, room temperature 1 cup (240 g)
white sugar 1/2 cup (120 g)
brown sugar 1/2 cup (120 g)
large eggs 2
peanut butter 1 cup (240 g)
vanilla extract 2 tsp
all-purpose flour 2 1/2 cups (600 g)
baking powder 1 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
semisweet chocolate chips 1 cup (240 g)
- preheat oven 350 F (175 C)
- in a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients and mix
- sift the flour, baking powder and salt into that large bowl
- mix all ingredients thoroughly, it should look like wet sand
- add the chocolate chips, mix again
- bake for 15-17 min, or until golden brown
- remove, let the cookies cool on the tray for at least 2 min
if you like soft, crumbly cookies like i do, this is the recipe you are looking for! to go for another mile to intensify the softness, replace 1 cup of all-purpose flour with cake flour.
i love the combination of peanut butter and nutella. go a little nutty, use 1/2 cup of nutella and 1/2 of chocolate chips to get the hazelnut flavour.
i like adding chunky peanut butter instead of smooth. you can double the amount of chocolate chips for an explosion of chocolate goodness in your mouth.
there was leftover cookie dough but not enough space on the tray. i didn’t want to wash it down the sink so i slapped the remaining dough onto a sheet of foil and tossed it in the oven. i call this creation my “cookie pie”.