if you’ve already made the tomato sauce from our blog, then you are pretty much done. but if you haven’t, don’t despair, follow the simple instructions here. make sure to save the pulp from the leftover roasted tomatoes. we will boil down the pulp to further extract the tomato goodness.
heavy cream 1/2 cup (120 ml)
fresh herbs and aromatics, such as basil, garlic, shallots, etc. (optional)
- prepare the tomato sauce as described from our recipe, put aside
- dump the tomato pulp into a pot, add a couple of cups of water
- add your favorite aromatics or herbs (optional)
- boil the pulp until half reduced
- strain the pulp back into the tomato sauce
- add cream
- salt and pepper to taste
i like to sauteed some shallots and garlic first in the pan, this really helps bring out the aromas.
add some butter to the soup for more richness.