crepe is a french style pancake which is very thin. it can be served hot or cold, sweet or savory. the ingredients are simple. the trick to getting the right thickness, lies in the consistency of the batter, and the hotness of the pan. if the batter is too thick, it won’t spread evenly on the pan. if the pan is too hot, the batter will be cooked once it touches and won’t have time to spread. experiment with your stove to get the right heat.
we spread our crepes with nutella, yum! try it with fresh fruit, chocolate, salted caramel, ham and cheese…
butter 2 tbsp, melted
egg 2 large
plain flour 1/2 cup (120 g)
sugar 1 tbsp
salt 1 pinch
milk 1 cup (240 ml)
- in a large bowl, mix the eggs, flour, sugar, salt and melted butter
- bring the milk to a low boil, slowly pour it into the egg mixture, constantly mixing, to prevent cooking the egg mixture
- in a nonstick pan, pour just enough batter to cover the surface, around 2-3 tbsp, swirl to distribute evenly
- pan-fry on medium-low heat for around 1 minute until the batter is set and lightly browned on the edges, flip to cook the other side for around 15 seconds
- continue the previous two steps to make 10 crepes
we’ve also made crepe cake, which is multi-layered crepe with cream filling. recipe coming soon, stay tuned!