a friend of priscilla’s came over this week to make cookies for her boyfriend as a valentines surprise. she wanted an easy recipe. well we thought, what can be more simpler than butter cookies… it’s just 4 ingredients. we tasted the end result, and we’re pretty sure her boyfriend will be begging for more.
unsalted butter, room temperature, 1 cup (240 g)
icing sugar 1/4 cup (60 g)
plain flour 3/4 cup (180 g)
cornstarch 1/4 cup (60 g)
- preheat oven 300 F (150 C)
- mix butter and icing sugar in a large bowl
- sift plain flour and cornstarch into the butter mixture, 1/3 at a time, mix until smooth
- use a pastry bag to pipe cookie dough on baking sheets. drag pastry tip up to form peaks for a more appetizing appearance. alternatively, simply spoon batter for a more homemade touch
- bake for about 20 min. keep an eye on the cookies after 15min. pull them out once the cookies turn golden
- let cookies cool on sheets for at least 5 min
so you see the proportion of butter to other dry ingredients is 4 : 5. if you want to have chocolate flavoured cookies, you could add 25 g of chocolate powder and an extra 220 g of butter to the recipe.
the cookies are super soft. when you transfer or pack them, better use a thin spatula or a spoon to help. if you are giving them away as gifts, use boxes instead of bags