this one time, we made a lot of shanghai wontons, more than a hundred! we obviously could not finish them all in one night. so we saved the leftover ones and made a spicy sauce to change up the flavor. it’s what we ate for lunch the next day.
now, you can apply the same spicy sauce for the frozen store-bought wontons. but if you want to roll up your sleeves and make your own wontons, check out our recipe here.
“lao gan ma” brand chili sauce 2 tbsp
chinkiang vinegar/ black vinegar 2 tbsp
soy sauce 1 tbsp
sugar 1/2 tsp
water 2 tbsp
coriander 2 tbsp chopped
- cook the wontons in a pot of boiling water on medium heat for about 10 min, until cooked
- strain the wontons and put them in a bowl
- add the chili sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and water in a saucepan
- bring the sauce to a quick boil for a few seconds
- pour the sauce over the bowl of wontons