we’ve been on a seaweed binge lately. we simply love it. plus, it is good to know that seaweed is considered a superfood. packed with antioxidants, seaweed is a great source of vitamins and minerals, especially calcium and iodine. it’s usually sold in dehydrated form. when fully hydrated, it can more than triple in volume, so a little goes a long way.
with the addition of bean sprouts, you can truly say this is a super nutrient dense dish.
beef 6 oz
dried seaweed 1/4 cup
bean sprouts large handful
soy sauce 1 tbsp
oyster sauce 2 tsp
cornstarch 1 tsp
dried chili flakes 1 tsp
oil 1 tbsp
- slice and marinate the beef with soy sauce, cornstarch, and 1 tbsp of water, set aside
- soak the dried seaweed in plenty of water for at least 1 hr
- wash the seaweed, then cut into thin strips
- in a pot of boiling water, blanch the seaweed strips and bean sprouts for 1 min, strain
- in a pan on high heat, add the oil and cook the beef for about 30 sec, then toss in the seaweed and bean sprouts
- add the oyster sauce and chili flakes, toss evenly, cook for 1 min