summer is drawing to a close. that means we gotta work on some new recipes for the change in season. but before that, we wanna share one more refreshing summer recipe for fiesta friday.
people in hong kong aren’t used to eating seafood this way. so it’s something new to introduce to this part of the world. throw back a couple of cold beers and enjoy this refreshing ceviche on a warm summer afternoon.
make sure to use fresh seafood since the meat is not cooked by heat.
tilapia 4 filet
shrimp 10 large
shallot 1 small
jalapeno 1 small
tomato 1 small
ketchup 1 tbsp
tobasco 3 dashes
olive oil 1 tbsp
salt 1 tsp
- peel and devein the shrimp and filet the fish, cut into small pieces and place them into a bowl
- juice the lime, lemon, and orange into the bowl, make sure the seafood is completely covered in citrus juice
- add 1 tsp of salt, mix, and refrigerate for at least an hour, the seafood is “cooked” when it becomes opague
- after the seafood is “cooked”, pour out the citrus juice from the bowl
- dice the tomato, shallot, jalapeno, and cilantro, toss them with the bowl of seafood
- add the ketchup, tobasco, and olive oil and mix well, salt to taste if necessary
- (optional) top with avocado